Skip to content

Settling in Pyhäjoki


Local information

Select your municipality in order to see information about local services when browsing the site.

Services that facilitate integration

Matters related to the immigration of a person moving to Pyhäjoki are currently handled either in Raahe or Oulu, depending on the matter.

For questions related to Pyhäjoki and its services, housing and recreational opportunities, working and studying in the area, please contact the Pyhäjoki Municipality Info desk.

The Pyhäjoki Municipality Info desk also provides service in Swedish, Russian and English. Service point: Municipal Hall, Kuntatie 1, 86100 Pyhäjoki

Rannikon Venäjä-Seura ry. can provide you support in dealing with daily matters in Russian.


Link redirects to another websitePyhäjoki Municipality

Contact information

Link redirects to another websiteRannikon Venäjä-Seura ry.

Contact information

Read more: Integration into Finland

Initial assessment and integration plan

Once you have received your residence permit and moved into the locality, the authority will prepare an integration plan with you. For people living in Pyhäjoki, this plan is currently made in Raahe.  Please contact the integration services of the Raahe region (KotoNeuvo):

Integration coordinator Maiju Ikkala

Tel. 040 130 8281

Visiting address: KotoNeuvo, Softpolis, Rantakatu 8 C, 5th door, 3rd  floor, 92100 Raahe

Read more: Integration into Finland

Do you need an interpreter or a translator?

You may need interpreting services when dealing with Finnish authorities. Usually the authority pays the service. Remember to ask for an interpreter in advance!

You may also need to have important documents, such as certificates, translated. These translations must be authorised, and you will usually have to pay for them yourself. You can search for authorised translators in various languages in the Finnish National Board of Education’s register for authorised translators.

If you are in need of language support in more daily matters, such as going to an apartment viewing, shopping or starting a new hobby, a language support volunteer might be able to help you. Further information about this from the Municipality´s Info desk.

Link redirects to another websiteFinnish National Agency for Education

Register for authorised translators

Link redirects to another websitePyhäjoki Municipality

Contact information

Read more: Do you need an interpreter?