Skip to content
Muutto Kokkolaan

Moving to Kokkola


Local information

Select your municipality in order to see information about local services when browsing the site.

Registering as a resident

If you want to move to Finland, you will usually need a residence permit. Matters related to residence permits are handled by Finnish embassies abroad and the Finnish Immigration Service.

Further information: Moving to Finland.

When you move to Kokkola, you must be registered as a resident. You can register by personally visiting the Kokkola unit of the Digital and Population Data Services Agency:

Digital and Population Data Services Agency, Kokkola
Kaarlelankatu 27
67100 Kokkola

When you go to the Digital and Population Data Services Agency, please take the following documents with you:

  • proof of identity (a passport, for example)
  • a residence permit and a residence card (if you need a residence permit in Finland)
  • a certificate of registration of a residence permit (if you are an EU citizen)
  • a marriage certificate
  • your children's birth certificates

Please note that foreign documents must be original and official, and translated into Finnish, Swedish or English. More information on the rules for what constitutes a legal document is available at a Local Register Office or the embassy of your own country in Finland.

Further information: Registering as a resident.

Residence permit extension

You must apply for a residence permit extension before the expiry of your previous residence permit. Apply for the extension at a service point of the Finnish Immigration Service. You can only apply for the residence permit extension in Finland.

Finnish Immigration Service
Korsholmanpuistikko 45
65100 Vaasa

Further information: Residence permit extension.