Skip to content
Muutto Iisalmeen

Moving to Iisalmi


Local information

Select your municipality in order to see information about local services when browsing the site.

Registering as a resident

If you want to move to Finland, you normally need a residence permit. Issues concerning residence permits are handled by Finnish diplomatic missions abroad and the Finnish Immigration Service.

Read more: Moving to Finland

When you move to Iisalmi, you must register as a resident of the municipality. You can register in person at the Iisalmi Digital and Population Data Services Agency:

Street address

Virrankatu 2


Opening hours

Mon–Wed, Fri 9:00–12:00, 13:00–15:00

Thu 9:00–12:00, 13:00–16:15

Customer service is available by appointment every other Thursday (evenly numbered weeks)

You can make an appointment at

Link redirects to another websiteDigital and population data services agency

Registering as a resident

When you go to the Agency, bring with you:

  • personal identification (a passport, for example)
  • residence permit and residence card (if you need a residence permit for Finland)
  • right of residence registration certificate (if you are a citizen of an EU country)
  • marriage certificate
  • birth certificates of your children

Please note that all foreign documents must be original, legalised and translated into Finnish, Swedish or English. More information about the legalisation of documents is available at the local register office or your country’s diplomatic mission in Finland.

Link redirects to another websiteDigital on population data service agency

Registering as a resident

Read more: Registering as a resident

Residence permit extension

You must apply for a residence permit extension before your previous residence permit expires. Apply for the permit at the nearest service point of the Finnish Immigration Service. You can only apply for the residence permit extension in Finland.

Finnish Immigration Service

Ajurinkatu 45, 70110 Kuopio

Open: Mon–Wed and Fri 8:00–16:15.

Closed on Thursdays.

Read more: Residence permit extension