Skip to content
Asettuminen Kauniaisiin

Settling in Kauniainen


Local information

Select your municipality in order to see information about local services when browsing the site.

Services that facilitate integration

If you have questions about the services provided by the City of Kauniainen, you can contact them by e-mail at (Link opens default mail program) or by phone on 09 50561. The service is available in Finnish, Swedish and English.

Helsinki-info, the City of Helsinki’s public information service, serves all immigrants in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area.

Link redirects to another websiteHelsingin kaupunki


International House Helsinki

If you have recently moved into the Helsinki metropolitan area, you can receive guidance and public services in one place at International House Helsinki (IHH).

Initial assesment and integration plan

An employee of the Employment and Economic Development Centre (TE Office) will conduct a preliminary assessment and prepare an integration plan with you when you register as a jobseeker.

Link redirects to another websiteMinistry of Employment and the Economy

The employment and economic development offices of Uusimaa

If you are not a client of the TE Office, the preliminary assessment and integration plan will be conducted and prepared at the Social Welfare Office.

Contact information for the Social Welfare Office:

Grani Shopping Centre

Kauniaistentie 7

02700 Kauniainen

Tel. 050 569 2604

Link redirects to another websiteWestern Uusimaa Wellbeing Services County

Social services that support integration

Read more: Integration into Finland

Do you need an interpreter?

If you do not speak Finnish or Swedish, you can use an interpreter when attending to your affairs with the authorities.

You can use an interpreter whenever you want if you pay the costs and book the interpreter yourself. In some cases, you can obtain an interpreter through the authorities. This means that the interpretation services will not cost you anything.

Read more: Do you need an interpreter?

Link redirects to another websiteThe Finnish Association of Translators and Interpreters

Search for an interpreter or a translator